Survey: Subtitler opinions on a new method for requesting briefing from clients
Thread poster: Hugh Nettelbeck
Hugh Nettelbeck
Hugh Nettelbeck
Australia
Japanese to English
Feb 14, 2023

Professional subtitlers, are you satisfied with the briefing materials and information you receive before a job? Would more information be helpful? I’m conducting doctoral research at Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) investigating the feasibility of a new approach to communication between subtitlers and their clients during the pre-translation stage. Your opinions are critically important.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in the survey linked below. It takes r
... See more
Professional subtitlers, are you satisfied with the briefing materials and information you receive before a job? Would more information be helpful? I’m conducting doctoral research at Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) investigating the feasibility of a new approach to communication between subtitlers and their clients during the pre-translation stage. Your opinions are critically important.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in the survey linked below. It takes roughly 15-20 minutes to complete:

https://monash.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6tfsWBcHvxMj2Qe

Participants should have completed paid subtitling work. All responses will be anonymous.

If you have any queries, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help,
Hugh Nettelbeck
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Survey Feb 14, 2023

I have completed your survey. But it feels like I've answered the exact same questionnaire before. Hmmm...

I really need to stop messing around with space-time continuum. It is doing me no good.

[Edited at 2023-02-14 13:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey: Subtitler opinions on a new method for requesting briefing from clients

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »