Latest version of Personal Edition as of June 2011?
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:37
Finnish to French
Jun 22, 2011

I just downloaded and installed Across Personal Edition. Help > About tells me I have 5.00 SP1_B__en Package version: 10. The 'News' element displays "Patch E for Across v5 SP1 Available" and points to http://www.across.net/en/1426.aspx

I'm not quite sure which download applies to me, or if any download applies to me, because I see things like "Across Language Server" (I'm not supposed to
... See more
I just downloaded and installed Across Personal Edition. Help > About tells me I have 5.00 SP1_B__en Package version: 10. The 'News' element displays "Patch E for Across v5 SP1 Available" and points to http://www.across.net/en/1426.aspx

I'm not quite sure which download applies to me, or if any download applies to me, because I see things like "Across Language Server" (I'm not supposed to run that, am I?).

So do I have the latest version of Across Personal Edition? If nor, what should I download and install and what should Help > About report?

Thanks, Dominique

[Edited at 2011-06-23 03:59 GMT]
Collapse

Manticore (X)
Manticore (X)  Identity Verified

Local time: 08:37
English to German
+ ...
Hi Dominique Jun 22, 2011

For 5.0 SP1 there is patch E. That would be the update for your Version. It's running fine on my AMD quad.

Regards

Roland

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
OK, will download Across_v5.0_SP1_E_mui.zip Jun 22, 2011

Thanks, Roland! So I should download the following file:

ftp://ftp.across.net/across_5.0_SP1_patches/Across_v5.0_SP1_E_mui.zip

which is labelled as "Across_5.0_SP1_E as of April 11, 2011 - multilingual (578 MB)?

Gee, a 578 MB download, that's almost twice the size of the original 5.0 SP1! Are they trying to emulate SDL, or what?

Manticore (X)

English to German
+ ...

You are correct in your assumptions.

Across seems to change everything when they offer an update (and it's multi-lingual). That way they make sure it works. Patches here and there could lead to problems. With DSL it's a piece of cake.

Enjoy

Roland

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
downloading speed is no problem Jun 22, 2011

Roland Fischer wrote:
With DSL it's a piece of cake.

Yes, only 6 minutes remaining as we speak, 625 KB/sec. I'm more worried about disk space: Across is eating away what little free space I had on my laptop's 128 GB SSD like there's no tomorrow

[Edited at 2011-06-23 04:00 GMT]

Manticore (X)

English to German
+ ...

Nice to have SSD. But there is an old Italian saying: you cannot have the bottle full and your wife drunk.

Regards

Roland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latest version of Personal Edition as of June 2011?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »