Thread poster: John Moran
John Moran
John Moran  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 03:21
German to English
+ ...
Feb 8, 2018

Does anyone know if there is ever likely to be a feature similar to QuickMerge in Trados Studio and Views in MemoQ in Across. Even Transit has the feature.

The inability to work on multiple files in a single editor view really slows us down and impacts on quality (specifically terminological consistency). It has gotten to the point where most of the translators we work with won't accept projects with lots of small files.

Kind regards,

John

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Local time: 04:21
English to German
There is not. Feb 8, 2018

Hi John,

I have been asking for this Feature for ages. This is not implemented in Across yet, but ... maybe some time in the future. I heard that Across V 7 is on the runway..

In any case: The project owner can combine any number of HTML or XML files to one project file with the Across Merger in the CrossGooodies Folder, but this needs to be done outside of Across, before making the project. Always good:
... See more
Hi John,

I have been asking for this Feature for ages. This is not implemented in Across yet, but ... maybe some time in the future. I heard that Across V 7 is on the runway..

In any case: The project owner can combine any number of HTML or XML files to one project file with the Across Merger in the CrossGooodies Folder, but this needs to be done outside of Across, before making the project. Always good: Talk to your customer.

GAvSS
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QuickMerge feature in Across?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »