Transferring information from Excel to word
Thread poster: stephenck
May 13, 2011

Hi there,

I have a bit of a query. I am dealing with the translation of multi-languages at the moment which requires me to use an excel spreadsheet.

For one of the tabs on the spreadsheet I stupidly forgot to scroll up so I missed some text which needed to be translated for five different languages!!

Does anybody know if there is a way for copying all of the information from an excel spreadsheet into a word document apart from just copying and pasting? Is t
... See more
Hi there,

I have a bit of a query. I am dealing with the translation of multi-languages at the moment which requires me to use an excel spreadsheet.

For one of the tabs on the spreadsheet I stupidly forgot to scroll up so I missed some text which needed to be translated for five different languages!!

Does anybody know if there is a way for copying all of the information from an excel spreadsheet into a word document apart from just copying and pasting? Is there any function apart from Control + A that will copy all the text automatically, as Control does not work with Excel.

Your help with this would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks!
Collapse

Roberto Lipani
Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
Italian to English
+ ...
Insert information from xls files to doc files May 13, 2011

Hello,
of course one solution is to select the text you want to copy from the excell file and paste it into word.
Another solution, which I use more frequently, is to insert the xls worksheet into doc (you will then have a table in the doc file).
You should find this option in the dropdown menu "insert" in word.

Hope this will help

Best regards

Roberto

kmtext
kmtext
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:07
English
+ ...
It's quicker to just cut and paste May 13, 2011

Select the whole section you want to transfer, copy it and paste it into word. Then select the resulting table and convert it to text.

John Robinson
John Robinson
United States
Local time: 04:07
Instead of pasting as a table May 13, 2011

Try using the Paste Special -> Rich text option.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Copying May 13, 2011

stephenck wrote:

Does anybody know if there is a way for copying all of the information from an excel spreadsheet into a word document apart from just copying and pasting? Is there any function apart from Control + A that will copy all the text automatically, as Control does not work with Excel.

CTRL-A, CTRL-C does work in Excel. Why do you think it doesn't?
For more granular selection, I usually use CTRL-End (and CTRL-arrow if needed), then CTRL-Shift-Home or CTRL-Shift-arrow.

I usually don't want tables in my documents, so I copy-paste to a text editor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transferring information from Excel to word

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »