Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 13, 2012

It was kinda nice to see the old-fashioned "Nigerian" scam in my mailbox today. Like an old acquaintance that you didn't particularly like, but got used to being around - harmless, now that you now his tricks. A mean, but toothless old dog.

Here it is, for your diversion:

Dearest One,

Please do not be offended by this mail or the way I contacted you, it is about the only way I could get to you considering my present situation in which I and my younger siste
... See more
It was kinda nice to see the old-fashioned "Nigerian" scam in my mailbox today. Like an old acquaintance that you didn't particularly like, but got used to being around - harmless, now that you now his tricks. A mean, but toothless old dog.

Here it is, for your diversion:

Dearest One,

Please do not be offended by this mail or the way I contacted you, it is about the only way I could get to you considering my present situation in which I and my younger sister found ourself.
This, however, is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor it against your wish. My name is Daniel Bona, my younger sister Carole and I are the only children of late Mr. Charles Bona.
Our father, my sister and I escaped from our country at the heat of the civil war after loosing my mother and two of my elder brothers in the war. As a result of the political instability in our country after the war in my country, we return back in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire because of his cocoa and coffee export business in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. Six days after we return back to Abidjan some uniformed men which I believe are members of the new incumbent government of my country shot my father on his way coming home in the night and he was rushed to the hospital.
Before his sudden death on 20th May 2011 in a private hospital Abidjan, he called us on his bedside and told me about the sum of ($17.8 million) seventeen million eight hundred united states dollars which he kept in a box and deposited with a private security company for safe keeping with my name as the next of kin and declared the content as family treasure for onward delivery to overseas. He advises me that I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will invest the money.
I and my sister are in this country without any one knowing although we are on hiding so that the unknown people will not get us. I am only 19 years old boy and my sister 17. we leave alone because I don't want the people who killed our late Father to kill us too. I will be very happy if you promised me that you will keep this secret until this money arrival your care in your country. My late Father intended to transfer overseas for investment.
Please I am contacting you for your to stand by us and help me to transfer the money to your bank account in your country for future investment and we will continue our education; because we don't have anyone here to help us and all our family members where killed during the political war and I don't have money to travel from here to any country please I need your assistance.
Please if you are willing to assist us, you will also provide investment program where the money will be invested properly when it arrival your hand safely.
Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible and let me know what percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account.

I am waiting for your urgent reply.
My sincere regards,
Daniel Bona.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nice story for the weekend

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »