Fuzzy filename duplicates search
Thread poster: DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 13, 2019

I've got several 3+TB external HDDs and 250+GB flash disks with documents, so I prefer searching files (or even contents) via a tiny free Everything, especially for older PCs/notebooks.

However, sometimes it's rather difficult to find manually duplicates with slightly different names, trying name keywords.

Is there a tool (preferably free), which can semi/automatically find fuzzy matches in local file names?

Thank you

Giacomo Mantani
Giacomo Mantani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:53
English to Italian
+ ...
fzf: Command-line Fuzzy Finder (*unix) Apr 15, 2019

I use fzf as a fuzzy file finder. It is a command-line tool for Unix system.

DZiW (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy filename duplicates search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »