Voluntary Translations Polish-English
Thread poster: DariaR
DariaR
DariaR
Local time: 15:22
English to Polish
Oct 7, 2004

Dear all,

I have recently decided for a career change, and would like to get into translating.
I moved to UK in 1991, since then attended the usual secondary school, took few A levels and finished a BA in International Business.

At the moment I plan to do an MA in Bilingual Translating at Westminster University, and also Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation, but this will be next September, in the mean time I have done some translating jobs but mainly vol
... See more
Dear all,

I have recently decided for a career change, and would like to get into translating.
I moved to UK in 1991, since then attended the usual secondary school, took few A levels and finished a BA in International Business.

At the moment I plan to do an MA in Bilingual Translating at Westminster University, and also Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation, but this will be next September, in the mean time I have done some translating jobs but mainly voluntary, I am also looking to translate a web site of my home village in Poland!

Would anyone know of any companies or organisations that use voluntary translators, as I need to refine my experience as much as I can.
Collapse

Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:22
French to English
+ ...
Welcome! Oct 7, 2004

Hi Daria,

Welcome to the world of translation - it's tough, stressful, a lot of work and very demanding....you'll love it!

I started out doing voluntary translation, and the place to start is with charities. Big or small, they are always needing voluntary work - and can prove to be excellent reference material for future, paid jobs. Try charitable organisations in your native Poland, and also here in the UK - you'll soon get started up!!!

Good Luck!
<
... See more
Hi Daria,

Welcome to the world of translation - it's tough, stressful, a lot of work and very demanding....you'll love it!

I started out doing voluntary translation, and the place to start is with charities. Big or small, they are always needing voluntary work - and can prove to be excellent reference material for future, paid jobs. Try charitable organisations in your native Poland, and also here in the UK - you'll soon get started up!!!

Good Luck!

Paul
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try this Oct 7, 2004

Traducteurs sans frontières

Some of our members have actually built up their paying careers working with them.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voluntary Translations Polish-English

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »