Parrot  Identity Verified
أسبانيا
Local time: 08:03
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Ungraded Questions Jan 21, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-20 19:15, willdlp wrote:

By the way how many ungraded questions is one allowed to have?

Kind Regards wildlp

Hi Will,

You\'ll find this varies according to subcommunity. I believe EnSp may be among the stricter ones, natural if you consider we have more members and more moderators. The u... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-20 19:15, willdlp wrote:

By the way how many ungraded questions is one allowed to have?

Kind Regards wildlp

Hi Will,

You\'ll find this varies according to subcommunity. I believe EnSp may be among the stricter ones, natural if you consider we have more members and more moderators. The usual \"cleanup\" scenario consists of the member who posts questions to kingdom come, and the member(s) who stand up and cry \"foul\"! For the moderators, this is a question of resolving peaceful coexistence, so this may provoke warnings and blocks. Imagine a self-styled engineering expert posting 30 tech questions in 24 hours and you get a picture of what I\'m talking about.

This is what you might call the first level of damages. Now, imagine if that person doesn\'t close his questions. You go to the glossary and find his questions unresolved. We\'re supposed to be maintaining a glossary for common use, that\'s the reason we answer questions.

Corollary to this, there are experts on the site who systematically boycott this behavior. They remember their \"frequent flyers\". So repeating offenders tend to suffer a dip in the quality of responses.

Cecilia ▲ Collapse

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My \'10 Commandments\' for KudoZ users

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »