ناشر الموضوع: Adriana Johnston
Adriana Johnston
Adriana Johnston  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 16:44
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

Hello, I was looking for a similar threat but couldn’t find one.
I know that there are several kinds of medical forms and some could be short or lengthy, so I was wondering what are the going rates for Eng-Spa translations of medical forms and consents and if you would charge by the word or page in this case.
Thank you in advance for your responses.

[Edited at 2010-06-30 21:08 GMT]

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 17:44
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Medical Consent Forms Jun 30, 2010

I charge US agencies an average of US$ 0.15 per word for the Spanish > English back translation of medical forms so I imagine that the cost of the original translation would be much higher.

Adriana Johnston wrote:

Hello, I was looking for a similar threat but couldn’t find one.
I know that there are several kinds of medical forms and some could be short or lengthy, so I was wondering what are the going rates for Eng-Spa translations of medical forms and consents and if you would charge by the word or page in this case.
Thank you in advance for your responses.

[Edited at 2010-06-30 21:08 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
تايلند
Local time: 04:44
أنجليزي إلى تايلندي
+ ...
Clinical trials Oct 8, 2010

For medical trial patient consent forms, I did many translations, back translations and translation of back translations. It is not easy to select good words among different cultural backgrounds. A relatively higher rate is recommended (as provisions for frequent revisions).

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Monica Colangelo
Monica Colangelo  Identity Verified
الأرجنتين
Local time: 18:44
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
+ ...
Awesome rates for backtranslation! Oct 13, 2010

To Jeff:

I worked for a well-known agency for two years and they paid me US$ .08 for English>

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:44
إيطالي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Why should the rate for a BT be lower than the rate for the original translation? Oct 13, 2010

There's just as much work involved - why should the rate be less?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Going USA rates for medical consent form translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »