Thread poster: Mateusz Batelt
Mateusz Batelt
Mateusz Batelt  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:12
German to Polish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2013

Hi, I'm working on large multisheet .xlsm file. When opening the translated file I see a lot of #ADR! and #ARG! and then get the message that some macros are corrupted. Any idea what to do in order to make the macros work in the translated file?

Thanks!

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
It's file-dependent Jan 9, 2013

Mateusz Batelt wrote:
Hi, I'm working on large multisheet .xlsm file. When opening the translated file I see a lot of #ADR! and #ARG! and then get the message that some macros are corrupted. Any idea what to do in order to make the macros work in the translated file?

Normally, macros are not supposed to be changed by the translation process.

However, if the content addressed by the macros is changed, they might get somehow damaged.

What happens if you do not translate anything (try that in a new project), and just try to open the target document? Are the macros still damaged?

Didier

Mateusz Batelt
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
works but... Jan 10, 2013

Didier, yes, when leaving all the segments untranslated the output file works. A strange thing is, though, that the input file has 21.2 MB and the output file 19 MB. Any idea why? Still, I must now figure out what to do - i.e. which segments leave untranslated.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Are macros inside the translatable content? Jan 10, 2013

Mateusz Batelt wrote:
Didier, yes, when leaving all the segments untranslated the output file works. A strange thing is, though, that the input file has 21.2 MB and the output file 19 MB. Any idea why?

No, but that's not really relevant. It could be simply that the zipping method used by OmegaT is slightly more efficient than the one used by Microsoft.

Still, I must now figure out what to do - i.e. which segments leave untranslated.

If the macros are not really inside the translatable content, you could try to copy the content to be translated into another file, translate it, and then copy it back once translated into the original file.

Didier

Mateusz Batelt
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 10, 2013

Didier, thanks for the tips. And thanks for working on OmegaT

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

.xlsm macros issue

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »