ناشر الموضوع: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
بولندا
Local time: 15:59
أنجليزي إلى روسي
+ ...
Sep 13, 2005

I am working in TagEditor and almost each sentence contains names, which shouldn't be translated. These names are usually formatted as Bold font and sometimes tagged, so the best way for me to save the time is to copy source and type over the text, which should be translated.
But after I copy source all the letters of the text I am typing after the tagged text appear as tags too, i.e. each letter is typed as a separate opening tag.
Why is this happenning and what should I chanage in
... See more
I am working in TagEditor and almost each sentence contains names, which shouldn't be translated. These names are usually formatted as Bold font and sometimes tagged, so the best way for me to save the time is to copy source and type over the text, which should be translated.
But after I copy source all the letters of the text I am typing after the tagged text appear as tags too, i.e. each letter is typed as a separate opening tag.
Why is this happenning and what should I chanage in my settings?
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
الدانمرك
أنجليزي إلى دانماركي
I don't know why this happens Sep 13, 2005

But why don't you translate up to the tag - press Ctrl + Alt + (arrow down, for the first tag in the entire segment, and arrow right for following tags) to insert the tag - write the translation of the name and insert the end tag in the same way you inserted the first tag.

This is what I do, and I think it would also save you time in stead of copy-pasting it.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
بولندا
أنجليزي إلى روسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
... Sep 14, 2005

I meant not copy-pasting, but a button "copy source", so it's really faster than copying and pasting.
May be I just can't explain it clearer, but I can't even understand exactly in what cases TagEditor behaves like this...
It seems like as soon as any tag is inserted in the target sentence further letters are typed as tags...

pcovs
pcovs
الدانمرك
أنجليزي إلى دانماركي
Okay, then have you tried... Sep 14, 2005

...to do this:

* Copy source
* Move the cursor to just after the first letter in the name between the tags and start writing, deleting the first original letter only when done?

Maybe this would help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: typing tags instead of normal letters

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »