Terminology verifier not working
Thread poster: pgschreier
pgschreier
pgschreier  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:35
German to English
May 30, 2012

Terminology verifier doesn't work, even when I intentionally insert an error.

I've gone through the settings multiple times -- right termbase, correct term shows up during editing, etc.

Am I missing something somewhere???

Thanks

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:35
English to Thai
+ ...
T2009 SP3 May 30, 2012

After updating into T2009 SP3 and MultiTerm 2009 SP3, I also have this problem.
I also need helps!

Soonthon Lupkitaro

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Terminology verifier not working correctly May 30, 2012

Hi both,

I have verified this issue this morning and can also confirm it is a bug due for fixing. The resolution is to reboot Studio after setting this up in your Project. After reboot the verification takes effect.

Regards

Paul

pgschreier
Switzerland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Reboot May 30, 2012

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear this issue has been recognized and will be fixed (shortly, I hope -- it is a vital feature)

Still not sure about your fix...

I made all the settings, shut down Studio, started again, no success...

I rebooted my PC, started Studio, still no success...

Can you be more specific about your fix?

Thanks,
Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe in your case... May 30, 2012

... the solution is something different. Are you changing the setting in Tools - Options rather than in Project Settings? If you are attempting to apply this feature to an existing project then making the change on the Project rather than the global settings is the only way it will work.

Generally I think this isn't noticed because the setting is probably in place for most users. But if you add this setting to a job you are working on then the bug is that it won't take effect unt
... See more
... the solution is something different. Are you changing the setting in Tools - Options rather than in Project Settings? If you are attempting to apply this feature to an existing project then making the change on the Project rather than the global settings is the only way it will work.

Generally I think this isn't noticed because the setting is probably in place for most users. But if you add this setting to a job you are working on then the bug is that it won't take effect until you close Studio and then restart it.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

pgschreier
Switzerland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem was global not local May 30, 2012

Hi Paul

You identified the issue. This arose when I was setting up a new project, not for an existing project. I hope the global settings will be fixed in the next patch.

Thanks for your help (again).

-- Paul

Michael Watson
Michael Watson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Same problem in Studio 2011 SP1 Jun 17, 2012

Paul (SDL)

I have the same problem in Studio 2011.

I have a customer from who I receive a lot of packages. Sometimes the terminology checker works, but most often it does not. I have checked both the global and project settings, tried changing them in combination/separately and restarting Studio. No effect. It is embarassing, I told the customer (who also uses Studio 2011) once that the terminology checker wasn't working - they said it was when they sent the package. I
... See more
Paul (SDL)

I have the same problem in Studio 2011.

I have a customer from who I receive a lot of packages. Sometimes the terminology checker works, but most often it does not. I have checked both the global and project settings, tried changing them in combination/separately and restarting Studio. No effect. It is embarassing, I told the customer (who also uses Studio 2011) once that the terminology checker wasn't working - they said it was when they sent the package. I really don't want to have to tell them again.

If I understand what you said correctly, then if I make the changes in Project Settings then restart Studio it should work, but unfortunately not...

I have other projects where the feature works without problem... most fustrating. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael
Collapse

Dvir Cafri
Dvir Cafri  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:35
English to Hebrew
Solution May 31, 2017

Hello everybody.
This post is old, but as I'm sure there are lots of people still using SDL 2011 like me, this should still be relevant.

I had this issue, and no matter what I did SDL won't do terminology verification (kept telling me that everything is honky dory when in fact there were many issues). I found out that the reason is becuase SDL has a bug which does not save the terminology verifier enabled state in memory, and then it doesn't save it to the project settings f
... See more
Hello everybody.
This post is old, but as I'm sure there are lots of people still using SDL 2011 like me, this should still be relevant.

I had this issue, and no matter what I did SDL won't do terminology verification (kept telling me that everything is honky dory when in fact there were many issues). I found out that the reason is becuase SDL has a bug which does not save the terminology verifier enabled state in memory, and then it doesn't save it to the project settings file either. What you need to do in order to change the setting is to actually edit the project setting file outside of SDL and enabled it manually. Here's how you do it:

.1 Close SDL.
.2 Go to the project folder
.3 Open the project settings file (SDLPROJ extension). This is actually an XML file.
.4 Find the settings group (tag) with ID "SettingsTermVerifier"
.5 In this group, there is a setting (tag) called "Enabled". change it from false to true
.6 Save, close and reopen SDL. Now terminology verifier should work.

You'll need to do it for every project you would like to verify. I didn't try editing the default template yet, but this might actually solve the problem for new projects created from it.

IMPORTANT: Before you do anything with the SDLPROJ file, remember to make a backup. Otherwise, if you do something wrong, your project could be messed up.
And last but not least, you do this at your own risk. I'm trying to help, and will not be held responsible/liable/anything else for anything that might go wrong.

Good luck
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: A duplicate
Hoang Anh Nguyen
Hoang Anh Nguyen
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Thanks Cafri & the others. I have read all of your comments and tried but none of these works. Mar 28, 2023

Dvir Cafri wrote:

Hello everybody.

I had this issue, and no matter what I did SDL won't do terminology verification (kept telling me that everything is honky dory when in fact there were many issues). I found out that the reason is becuase SDL has a bug which does not save the terminology verifier enabled state in memory, and then it doesn't save it to the project settings file either. What you need to do in order to change the setting is to actually edit the project setting file outside of SDL and enabled it manually. Here's how you do it:

.1 Close SDL.
.2 Go to the project folder
.3 Open the project settings file (SDLPROJ extension). This is actually an XML file.
.4 Find the settings group (tag) with ID "SettingsTermVerifier"
.5 In this group, there is a setting (tag) called "Enabled". change it from false to true
.6 Save, close and reopen SDL. Now terminology verifier should work.

You'll need to do it for every project you would like to verify. I didn't try editing the default template yet, but this might actually solve the problem for new projects created from it.

IMPORTANT: Before you do anything with the SDLPROJ file, remember to make a backup. Otherwise, if you do something wrong, your project could be messed up.
And last but not least, you do this at your own risk. I'm trying to help, and will not be held responsible/liable/anything else for anything that might go wrong.

Good luck

Hoang Anh Nguyen
Hoang Anh Nguyen
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Still not working Mar 28, 2023

I oppened the project setting file but the TermVerifier value is still True, and the term verification still does not work.

True

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology verifier not working

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »