Does anyone use "Project Translation" as TMS (Translation Management System)?
ناشر الموضوع: Sajja Taemsamrn (TJ)
Sajja Taemsamrn (TJ)
Sajja Taemsamrn (TJ)
تايلند
Local time: 22:43
أنجليزي إلى تايلندي
+ ...
Jan 27, 2012

Hi

Has anyone ever used Project Translation (http://www.project-open.com/en/solutions/project-open-translation-mangement-system.html) as the TMS?

How much does it cost? Is it good TMS?

All the best,
TJ

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
جمهورية التشيك
Local time: 17:43
أنجليزي إلى تشيكي
+ ...
Project Open Jan 27, 2012

I tried to implement this years ago, but gave up eventually.

The basic PO module is free, but the Freelance module costs € 950 and the Financial Reporting module even € 2,390, as you can learn here.

Also, PO requires about 20 GB of HDD space, which is way too much, if you want to install it on a web server.

That said, I guess there are cur
... See more
I tried to implement this years ago, but gave up eventually.

The basic PO module is free, but the Freelance module costs € 950 and the Financial Reporting module even € 2,390, as you can learn here.

Also, PO requires about 20 GB of HDD space, which is way too much, if you want to install it on a web server.

That said, I guess there are currently better and more scalable project management tools, such as:

Hope this helps?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone use "Project Translation" as TMS (Translation Management System)?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »