Jrodcar2
Jrodcar2
Spain
Local time: 01:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum life, I don't know much about the protocol, so please excuse my ways.
I am thinking of moving to the UK to start a career and I've been told that there are great jobs in bilateral translation in Edinburgh.
Does anyone of you happen to know any good agencies to which I could apply? Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you for your time and help!

Julia.

Mark Thompson
Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:47
Portuguese to English
Welcome to ProZ.com!! Nov 27, 2013

Hi Julia!

A warm welcome to the site. I'm one of the moderators of this forum, and I'm here to make sure your experience with the site is positive.

I'm from the UK myself, but have never worked there as a UK -based translator as I've lived in Brazil since 2003.

I do, however, work for a number of UK translation agencies and have had very positive experiences with them.

Edinburgh is a beautiful, lively city and I'm sure you'll do well there, in
... See more
Hi Julia!

A warm welcome to the site. I'm one of the moderators of this forum, and I'm here to make sure your experience with the site is positive.

I'm from the UK myself, but have never worked there as a UK -based translator as I've lived in Brazil since 2003.

I do, however, work for a number of UK translation agencies and have had very positive experiences with them.

Edinburgh is a beautiful, lively city and I'm sure you'll do well there, in addition to getting some great advice from other users of this site.

If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the very best,

Mark Thompson
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting in Edinburgh

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »