Thread poster: Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:30
French to English
Jul 9, 2014

Hello everyone,
This may be the dumbest question of all, but I find the page in Word 2007 is too shot. It does not measure 11 inches despite my adjustments. The margins are normal and I cannot find a way to lengthen the pages.
Any ideas?

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:30
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Paper Size Jul 9, 2014

This may be the dumbest answer of all but I will give it anyhow. It is probably best to go in steps here. I wonder if you checked

File > Page Setup ... > Paper > Paper size > Letter, 8.5 X 11 in.

I hope this helps. I still use MS Word 2002 so yours might be a little different.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 15:30
English to German
Unprecise question Jul 9, 2014

Jessie Nelson wrote:
It does not measure 11 inches despite my adjustments.

What means "it" here? Do the rulers in layout view show a different size? Or do you mean the result on paper? In the latter case you may want to check the printer settings.

The margins are normal

What means "normal" here?

Jessie Nelson
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
"Normal" in Word 2007 Jul 9, 2014

Normal refers to the margin settings on Word.
They are located on the "Page Layout " tab.
The "Normal" allows 1" margins on the top bottom and left and right sides.
I am using Word 2007

Gisela Greenlee
Gisela Greenlee  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:30
German to English
+ ...
Adjust margins Jul 10, 2014

You can adjust the margins to decrease them from 1 inch, just go to page layout, margins and then either select preset margins that work for you or choose custom margins at the bottom and set the margins that give you the space you need. The page is in fact 11 inches long, but with 1-inch margins you only have 9 inches of space for typing.

[Edited at 2014-07-10 04:21 GMT]

Jessie Nelson
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Short pages amended Jul 10, 2014

Thanks everyone for your responses.
I finally called Dell with whom I have a contract for hardware and software.
There was something wrong with the ruler (vertical) setting. Although I was choosing "normal" the page was coming up shortened.
He showed me how to change it manually on screen. UUUUG. Sometimes the easiet things get us.
Jessie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Page too short

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »