Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you deal with work-related stress?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:28
English to Italian
combination of some Mar 16, 2017

music
reading
sleeping
walking

Bruno Veilleux
Bruno Veilleux  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:28
English to French
Work Mar 16, 2017

Odd answer? The only times I'm "stressed" are when I'm worried I might not meet a deadline, so the obvious solution is to work more/faster and warn my PM.

Ivan Czar
Ivan Czar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sport Mar 16, 2017

Depending on how much I hate people due to stress:
Swimming, running, squash or football...

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
German to English
+ ...
Chocolate Mar 16, 2017

Chocolate, where is chocolate?

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Other Mar 16, 2017

M***********

Or is it just me?

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Oops Mar 16, 2017

took me a while to realize it wasn't "machinations". Although becoming a supervillain might be a good solution, too!

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Probably not Mar 16, 2017

Chris S wrote:

M***********

Or is it just me?

When I read in one of the answers above that someone used a "chi machine," I immediately started wondering if that was a different name for the Hitachi Magic Wand.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:28
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Here we go! Mar 16, 2017

Bruno Veilleux wrote:
Odd answer? The only times I'm "stressed" are when I'm worried I might not meet a deadline, so the obvious solution is to work more/faster and warn my PM.

Totally agreed. I only become stressed with work when there is some issue with it or too much of it. So none of the solutions proposed is a solution, unless you get to work and finish the job. For other types of stress, there are many applicable solutions in the list, but certainly not for work-related stress, at least until you're done with it.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Not just too much work Mar 16, 2017

I feel stressed when a customer butchers my work or tries to make me do workflow steps that are explicitly excluded in my T&Cs. That's emotional stress, not excess work, and it requires emotional coping strategies to get a level head before addressing the situation.

12316323 (X)
12316323 (X)
Local time: 06:28
ASMR Mar 16, 2017

Yes to many of these... dancing, reading, exercise, getting outside. I don't have any pets, but I think they would also help relax me.

Also, anyone else ever watch or listen to ASMR videos on Youtube to relax? I like to listen to videos at the lowest audible volume possible. Here's a good introduction if you're not familiar with the co
... See more
Yes to many of these... dancing, reading, exercise, getting outside. I don't have any pets, but I think they would also help relax me.

Also, anyone else ever watch or listen to ASMR videos on Youtube to relax? I like to listen to videos at the lowest audible volume possible. Here's a good introduction if you're not familiar with the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb27NHO_ubg
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you deal with work-related stress?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »