Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:27
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 17, 2003

I just think it would be nice if pros who had put a bid to a job received a notification if the job is closed. We receive a notification when a kudoZ question is closed, so why not notificate us when a job we've bid is closed by an outsourcer (who do not always close their job posting, I know, and way too rarely bothers to write to every bidder personally). I mean, we know quite soon if our bid is successful, but we do not know when we *lose*. I believe it would be a useful feature (we all have ... See more
I just think it would be nice if pros who had put a bid to a job received a notification if the job is closed. We receive a notification when a kudoZ question is closed, so why not notificate us when a job we've bid is closed by an outsourcer (who do not always close their job posting, I know, and way too rarely bothers to write to every bidder personally). I mean, we know quite soon if our bid is successful, but we do not know when we *lose*. I believe it would be a useful feature (we all have to plan our schedule and work load) as well as simple one to implement on the site.Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:27
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Feature is already in place... Dec 18, 2003

...albeit only if the outsourcer closes the job offer properly. In that case, you'll receive a message saying something like "Sorry, 34047 (i.e. one's profile no., which I find a bit off the mark -> should be the name IMHO), another ProZ.com member was chosen for this job..."

I'm moving this thread to the Job Systems Forum.

Best regards,
Steffen

[Edited at 2003-12-18 14:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Job is Closed" notifications?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »