Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:05
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2022

Hello

Has anybody installed ProjeteX 3D succesfully on Windows 11 computer?
Their site is not mentioning any support for Win 11.

I'm a bit worried, as I need to migrate to a new computer.

Tapsa
Tapsa
English to Finnish
I could not install Projetex3D on a fresh Win 11 machine, but... Apr 17, 2022

upgrading Windows 10 to 11 on another machine with Projetex3d already installed did not ruin the already installed Projetex3d.

While trying to do the fresh install the setup program just quitted after a few seconds, and when I tried to run it in Win 8 compatability mode the setup started but stopped after awhile while doing something related to sql server install.

The error message was

Error installing MS SQL Server
Error Code: -2068578302
... See more
upgrading Windows 10 to 11 on another machine with Projetex3d already installed did not ruin the already installed Projetex3d.

While trying to do the fresh install the setup program just quitted after a few seconds, and when I tried to run it in Win 8 compatability mode the setup started but stopped after awhile while doing something related to sql server install.

The error message was

Error installing MS SQL Server
Error Code: -2068578302

After that, the setup just rolled back everything it had done up until that.

By the way, installing TO3000 3D to Win 11 machine succeeded, and restoring backup from Projetex3d to it succeeded too. Of course, data relating to features TO3000 does not support were skipped (corporate team data for example).

These are just my experiences

cheers,
Tapani
Collapse

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Managed to install on Win 11 Apr 17, 2022

I tried and succeeded, no other problems that I used to have on Win 10 (illegal memory references, problems shutting down).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProjeteX and Windows 11

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »