Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:46
German to English
+ ...
No macros with Windows 7, 64 bit Aug 26, 2011

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

My macros in NXT do seem to work now - I believe this was corrected some time ago. Or do you have any problems with them?

Antonin

Unfortunately, they don't work with 64-bit Windows 7

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
@Hans Aug 26, 2011

Inserting all the quote/unquote tags is a bit time consuming, so I just reply wtih refernce to the respective points:

1. F/R bug: I cannot show you a screen dump since the highlighting is not preserved in it. When you run over the text in the "Find:" field, it gets highlighted (white text on black background). I have not been able to find any laws governing it, but sometimes, having "highlighted" text in this field with the cursor, say, after the last letter, when you type another
... See more
Inserting all the quote/unquote tags is a bit time consuming, so I just reply wtih refernce to the respective points:

1. F/R bug: I cannot show you a screen dump since the highlighting is not preserved in it. When you run over the text in the "Find:" field, it gets highlighted (white text on black background). I have not been able to find any laws governing it, but sometimes, having "highlighted" text in this field with the cursor, say, after the last letter, when you type another character, either it is added to the already existing text (which is weird) or the existing text is deleted and only the new character appears (which is the supposed behaviour).

2. I do have wide fields - I am more concerned with their height and the size of the font in them.

3. "not so harsh" was meant as "slower here, not all of us like the same things" - sorry if I offended you, it was not intended.

Antonin
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
macros under Win 7 Aug 26, 2011

Gillian Scheibelein wrote:

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

My macros in NXT do seem to work now - I believe this was corrected some time ago. Or do you have any problems with them?

Antonin

Unfortunately, they don't work with 64-bit Windows 7

Is your Transit installation in the "Progam Files" folder?

Antonin

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Wide fields/strange things do happen ... Aug 26, 2011

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

1. F/R bug: I cannot show you a screen dump since the highlighting is not preserved in it. When you run over the text in the "Find:" field, it gets highlighted (white text on black background). I have not been able to find any laws governing it, but sometimes, having "highlighted" text in this field with the cursor, say, after the last letter, when you type another character, either it is added to the already existing text (which is weird) or the existing text is deleted and only the new character appears (which is the supposed behaviour).

2. I do have wide fields - I am more concerned with their height and the size of the font in them.

3. "not so harsh" was meant as "slower here, not all of us like the same things" - sorry if I offended you, it was not intended.

Antonin

1. There is definitely something strange with the F/R window going on. See my posting about the Ctrl+V bug in that window. Has been reported to STAR.

2. Okay, everything clear. BTW: NXT looks very nice on a iMac 27".

3. No offense taken. I was just wondering what you meant.

Have a nice day and thank you for your replies!

Hans

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Placeholders in terms Aug 26, 2011

Forgot this one:

- Allow placeholders (for numbers etc.) in terms in the DB.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Allow editing of existing dictionary entries in the yellow window Aug 29, 2011

Hans Lenting wrote:

Everybody on holiday or everyone completely satisfied with Transit as is?

Hans

Here is one:

Allow editing of existing dictionary entries in the yellow window, directly in the main 'view', by clicking the right mouse button on an existing term.

Very comfortable for quick removing of occasional typo's etc.

[Edited at 2011-08-29 09:37 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Macro's in Windows 7 Aug 31, 2011

Hi Jill,

Yesterday I received a message from Eke Fuchs (STAR) that Development is working on fixing macro execution in Windows 7. It will be released as part of Service Pack 5.

Alas she didn't tell me, when SP 5 will be released.

Take care,

Hans

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New version of Transit/wish list

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »