Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 1, 2023

Today I learned about this feature:

Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 14.42.33

Though the tooltip mentions a ‘web page’, it wasn't clear to me that ‘Find in page’ actually means: ‘Find in web page’.

First you load your dictionary in xhtml format via Resources > Open HTML file for preview... (actually this isn't limited to ‘previews’, so a better name would probably be Open HTML file for viewing...). Your dictionary will be displayed in a separate pane.

Then you select a word in the source or target segment and choose Edit > Find in page. If the selected word is present in the dictionary, it will be displayed, including the lexical info.

I tested this with a dictionary of about 150K (!) entries and the results were very fast.

Some points on my wishlist:

• Case-sensitive searching
  • Searching for whole words
  • Wrapping the search at the end of the web page
  • Resource definitions for html rescources

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

View / Search your dictionaries in xhtml format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »