Suggestion: show hidden KudoZ answers to profile owners (Staff: 'done')
ناشر الموضوع: delveneto
delveneto
delveneto
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 06:50
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
Nov 11, 2009

Is there a way to easily see all the answers that I have hid?

Once you hide an answer, it will vanish from your "Answered" list so you can't anymore keep track of them. I'd like to be able to easily look at my hidden answers.

Note that I am not interested in unhiding any of my hidden answers. I know this is not allowed. I just wanted to have an easy way to have them all listed so I could visit them again, if I wanted to.

By the way, since our hidden answers
... See more
Is there a way to easily see all the answers that I have hid?

Once you hide an answer, it will vanish from your "Answered" list so you can't anymore keep track of them. I'd like to be able to easily look at my hidden answers.

Note that I am not interested in unhiding any of my hidden answers. I know this is not allowed. I just wanted to have an easy way to have them all listed so I could visit them again, if I wanted to.

By the way, since our hidden answers are not removed from the respective question pages (they are grayed out and although others can't see them anymore, we, the answerers, still can see them) why are they removed from the "Answered" list? They could still be listed there in a "grayed out" way.
Collapse

Daniel Grau
Daniel Grau  Identity Verified
الأرجنتين
عضو (2008)
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
You remind me of my sister... Nov 12, 2009

... who used to store most of her files "in that handy can on the desktop."

No offense intended.

Daniel

delveneto
delveneto
الولايات المتحدة
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
? Nov 12, 2009

Daniel Grau wrote:

... who used to store most of her files "in that handy can on the desktop."

No offense intended.

Daniel

???

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
فرنسا
Local time: 12:50
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
They are! Nov 12, 2009

delveneto wrote:

why are they removed from the "Answered" list? They could still be listed there in a "grayed out" way.

Hi Delveneto,

Hidden answers are already listed in grey in your answered list. I can see for instance that last time you hid an answer was on November 3rd. If you can't see them, maybe you should send a support ticket.

Best regards,
Stéphanie

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
فريق الموقع
Makes sense Nov 12, 2009

Hello all,

since our hidden answers are not removed from the respective question pages (they are grayed out and although others can't see them anymore, we, the answerers, still can see them) why are they removed from the "Answered" list? They could still be listed there in a "grayed out" way.

Thanks for bringing this into my attention, delveneto. You are right, answers that have been hidden are visible to the answerer only when 10% of the total answers was hidden (but no less than 20 answers), as announced here.

Showing hidden answers to answerers even when the 10% was not reached makes sense. Let me see what can be done.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

delveneto
delveneto
الولايات المتحدة
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
I understand now Nov 12, 2009

Thank you both.

I'll then hope and wait that ProZ will make them visible to everybody as well. It'd be nice to have all my answers, despite their status, in that list. My hidden answers are usually more meaningful to me than the non-hidden ones.

Otherwise, the solution would be to answer and hide a bunch of questions just to reach the 10% threshold. (JK)

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:50
فرنسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
احياء لذكرى
Why would anyone hide their answers? Nov 12, 2009

Perhaps I'm being dim, but could someone please explain why anyone would hide their answers? If you hide your answers, what use are they to the Kudoz asker or to anyone else (but yourself, who already know them).
Puzzled of Penzance
aka Jenny

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
الأرجنتين
Local time: 07:50
عضو (2006)
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
A simple solution Nov 12, 2009

delveneto wrote:

I'll then hope and wait that ProZ will make them visible to everybody as well. It'd be nice to have all my answers, despite their status, in that list. My hidden answers are usually more meaningful to me than the non-hidden ones.

Otherwise, the solution would be to answer and hide a bunch of questions just to reach the 10% threshold. (JK)

If you want your answers to be visible you should not hide them.

Even if you reach the 10% threshold, other users will only be able to see the message "hidden by the answerer"

Regards,
Enrique

delveneto
delveneto
الولايات المتحدة
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Hiding feature is nice. Nov 12, 2009

Jenny:

People are different. Some will find no use in hiding, some will find it very useful. I hide mainly for two reasons:

- my answer is dead wrong (it happens when the asker gives little context and later clarifies by expanding it or when I make a mistake)
- anger (no further explanation...)

Enrique:

I think I expressed myself dubiously here: "I'll then hope and wait that ProZ will make them visible to everybody as well."

... See more
Jenny:

People are different. Some will find no use in hiding, some will find it very useful. I hide mainly for two reasons:

- my answer is dead wrong (it happens when the asker gives little context and later clarifies by expanding it or when I make a mistake)
- anger (no further explanation...)

Enrique:

I think I expressed myself dubiously here: "I'll then hope and wait that ProZ will make them visible to everybody as well."

What I meant by "everybody" was "answerers that have not reached the 10% threshold".

I want all my hidden answers to be easily visible to me only.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2009-11-12 15:59 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
فريق الموقع
Hidden answers are now visible to profile owners Nov 12, 2009

You should be able to see all your hidden answers in your KudoZ answers history page now.

Remember that when the percentage of hidden answers exceeds 10% of all answers, the label "Answer hidden by answerer" will be displayed for each hidden answer in the answerer's profile statistics.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia

delveneto
delveneto
الولايات المتحدة
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Nice!!! Nov 12, 2009

YAY!!!

Thank you. Just what I thought it should be like.

P.S. - I now know that I have 3.2% of hidden answers... Why not show such percentage to the public? It would be interesting to know how often someone hides.

[Edited at 2009-11-12 20:15 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: show hidden KudoZ answers to profile owners (Staff: 'done')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »