Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
كندا
Local time: 20:30
عضو (2010)
فرنسي إلى هولندي
+ ...
Dec 22, 2010

Hi,

I've been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a trial basis, but this is now ending (2 days left). I'm in the middle of a project and need to use my TM created with Studio. I exported it in .tmx format, but when I try to open it in OmegaT, it does not show up in the browse window at all (when selecting the TM file).

I'm pretty new to CAT tools and would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Margreet

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
فرنسا
Local time: 02:30
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
TMXs do not appear in the browse window Dec 22, 2010

Margreet Mohle wrote:
I've been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a trial basis, but this is now ending (2 days left). I'm in the middle of a project and need to use my TM created with Studio. I exported it in .tmx format, but when I try to open it in OmegaT, it does not show up in the browse window at all (when selecting the TM file).

In OmegaT, you do not select *one* TMX, but a folder in which you can have as many TMXs as you want.

So, the browse window only shows folders, not files.

To check whether your TMX is recognized, put your document in the /source folder of the project, and see whether you get matches.

Didier

Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
كندا
Local time: 20:30
عضو (2010)
فرنسي إلى هولندي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
It all worked out! Dec 22, 2010

Thanks Didier,

I checked, and had to move the .tmx file into the tm folder (it was in the project folder before) and it's working great! Wish I had asked earlier; didn't expect it to be so simple

Margreet

لم يتم تعيين مشرف خاص بهذا المنتدى
للإبلاغ عن انتهاكات لقواعد الموقع أو الحصول على مساعدة، يرجى الاتصال بـ العاملين في الموقع »

using .tmx created by SDL Studio 2009 in OmegaT

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »