话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51] >
New at ProZ.com: Outsourcer "willingness to work again" feedback for translators
论题张贴者: Enrique Cavalitto
Eva T
Eva T
English英语译成Albanian阿尔巴尼亚语
+ ...
Agree with Gerard, Vesna and others Jun 22, 2006

I am both, a translator and a translation company.

As a translator, I do not want to show my clients at all.

As a translation company, in no way I would like to be bombarded by so many requests by translators. Luckily, I am a small translation company, but can you imagine thousand of translators sending requests to big companies for a feedback? I do not want to be in their shoes.

Did you ask the translation companies if they even want this to be done to the
... See more
I am both, a translator and a translation company.

As a translator, I do not want to show my clients at all.

As a translation company, in no way I would like to be bombarded by so many requests by translators. Luckily, I am a small translation company, but can you imagine thousand of translators sending requests to big companies for a feedback? I do not want to be in their shoes.

Did you ask the translation companies if they even want this to be done to them?

Eva
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 08:32
Flemish佛兰芒语译成English英语
+ ...
Specification Jun 22, 2006

If you opt in WWA, shouldn't the outsourcer give some feedback why he/she wants to work with the translator again (a perfect translation) or why not. : grammatical errors, omissions, faulty interpretation, copying the same word but with different meaning in the target-langue, give points to those mistakes and attribute a weighed average... Just like the score of the outsourcer on the BB.

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:18]

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 09:32
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
Sounds good! Jun 22, 2006

Enrique wrote:
Additional purpose: Private record-keeping

... The reason for outsourcers to save private entries to profiles is for their own reference and efficiency in future projects.

I'd very much welcome the "private record-keeping" function. It sounds very interesting - at least from an outsourcer's perspective - in that it will make it possible to take notes on colleagues for future reference. That will certainly help reduce the number of scraps of paper on my desk.

Cheers,
Cilian

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
No Feedback Received has connotations I could do without. Jun 22, 2006

I am extremely surprised that "No Feedback Received" has been added to the visitors' view of my profile.

What is the uninformed person supposed to think? That I have asked for feedback and that none was received? Now what is the consequence of that? That my clients have preferred not to give anyfeedback? Why not?

I am worried that this could be understood the wrong way.

I am actually even more worried that

- I have not been cons
... See more
I am extremely surprised that "No Feedback Received" has been added to the visitors' view of my profile.

What is the uninformed person supposed to think? That I have asked for feedback and that none was received? Now what is the consequence of that? That my clients have preferred not to give anyfeedback? Why not?

- I have not been consulted, nor even informed, of this change to my profile. I discovered it by chance!

- the visitors' view of my profile has been modified without asking for my comments first.

That people decide to use this facility or not should be left to them. I have no problem with that at all. But if I decide not to use it, I dont' want a negative, badly-phrased comment to appear on my profile.

I am sending a support request ticket to have this removed from my profile.

Having said all this, I'm not worried about not getting any more work. I have more than enough, thank you, but as a paying member of this site, the least Henry and his team could have done would have been to let me know.

On to that support ticket.

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:41]

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:42]
Collapse

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
瑞士
English英语译成German德语
+ ...
Hi Walter Jun 22, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:
Other than that, I insist it is a good feature for those who choose to use it. And I certainly will.

And you should be free to do so. I don't want this feature eliminated, far from it; I'd just prefer for it not to leave any ambiguous traces if I choose not to use it.

So obviously, I share Philippe's feelings about this, and I hope the response to his support ticket will result in a general "remove" option.

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:50]

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
阿根廷
Local time: 04:32
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
主题发起人
Good point Jun 22, 2006

Gerard de Noord wrote:

My personal policy is utter discretion and not divulging anything about my clients, so I immediately opted out of this new feature, like I did with the Portfolio and the Project options.

Now, when I click on Force visitor view, I see:
Feedback
This user opts not to show feedback

I'd prefer not to show this message to my visitors. To me it reads "Gerard has received feedback he doesn't want to share with you". Please give us the opportunity to hide the feature altogether.

Hi Gerard,

You have a good point. We will remove that line for now, but we might have to put it back in if we find that there is any confusion as a result.

Regards,
Enrique

Eugene Pik
Eugene Pik  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
English英语
my 2c Jun 22, 2006

Enrique,
2 points:
- I received an invitation to post my feedback to a translator but was not able to do that in
MS Explorer (in Firefox it worked fine)
- The 50 characters limit sounds too aggressive for me; I'd like to express my gratitude to good translators and it hard to do in 50 chars... Project Feedback has more generous limit for the message, but even though I'd like to have it larger

... See more
Enrique,
2 points:
- I received an invitation to post my feedback to a translator but was not able to do that in
MS Explorer (in Firefox it worked fine)
- The 50 characters limit sounds too aggressive for me; I'd like to express my gratitude to good translators and it hard to do in 50 chars... Project Feedback has more generous limit for the message, but even though I'd like to have it larger

Eugene

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:54]
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 08:32
Georgian格鲁吉亚语译成English英语
+ ...
Clarifying Jun 22, 2006

Enrique wrote:
We will remove that line for now.

I take it that that means that all of the lines in this feature (including the whole box with the star, and the link to this thread) will be removed from the profiles of customers who haven't chosen it, or them. Am I correct?

but we might have to put it back in if we find that there is any confusion as a result.

What kind of confusion could result?

[Edited at 2006-06-22 19:13]

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
"No Feedback Received" and all that ... Jun 22, 2006

Philippe Bouvcry - and others - are right.

All this looks, to me, like good reasons NOT to take out paid membership of Proz. It's bad enough already, without making it worse.

MediaMatrix

[Edited at 2006-06-22 19:11]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
网站创办人
Right, Cilian Jun 22, 2006

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:
I'd very much welcome the "private record-keeping" function. It sounds very interesting - at least from an outsourcer's perspective - in that it will make it possible to take notes on colleagues for future reference. That will certainly help reduce the number of scraps of paper on my desk.

That's the idea exactly. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for improvements when you have used it a bit.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
正式会员 (自2004)
Italian意大利语译成German德语
+ ...
I totally subscribe your point of view Jun 22, 2006

Philippe Boucry wrote:

- I have not been consulted, nor even informed, of this change to my profile. I discovered it by chance!

- the visitors' view of my profile has been modified without asking for my comments first.

That people decide to use this facility or not should be left to them. I have no problem with that at all. But if I decide not to use it, I dont' want a negative, badly-phrased comment to appear on my profile.

I am sending a support request ticket to have this removed from my profile.

Having said all this, I'm not worried about not getting any more work. I have more than enough, thank you, but as a paying member of this site, the least Henry and his team could have done would have been to let me know.

On to that support ticket.

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:41]

[Edited at 2006-06-22 18:42]

I do not have a single customer found through this site. Nor do I want to bother any of my other customers with feedback requests.

This said, I don't want to see a "negative-looking" message on my profile just for not having choosen this feature.

justin C
justin C
美国
English英语
I have removed the "No feedback received" and "This user opts to not show feedback" texts Jun 22, 2006

Hola,

I have removed the text from the feedback box that says "No feedback received", and the text that says "This user opts to not show feedback". If you opt to not show your feedback publicly, the only thing that appears in the feedback box is a link that says 'Enter feedback >'.

Best Regards,
Justin

PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
In all fairness to Henry and the staff Jun 22, 2006

I sent a rather firm support ticket immediately after my previous post.

In all fairness to Henry and the staff, my ticket was answered within minutes and that 'thing' was removed from my profile almost immediately.

So, thank you.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
网站创办人
Please keep them coming Jun 22, 2006

Philippe Boucry wrote:

I sent a rather firm support ticket immediately after my previous post.

In all fairness to Henry and the staff, my ticket was answered within minutes and that 'thing' was removed from my profile almost immediately.

So, thank you.

You're welcome! Thank you for acknowledging our response.

Now (ie. today and early tomorrow) is the time to get in your requests and suggestions, folks... please keep them coming...

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
乌拉圭
Local time: 04:32
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Still wondering Jun 22, 2006

Enrique wrote:

Walter Landesman wrote:

However, two questions:
1. Is this feature instead or besides the Comments in Project History?
2. How are you going to translate the comments (positive, neutral, negative) already posted in the PH?

Good question. There are two principle differences between Projct History and the new feature:

1. Whereas PH feedback is particular to a project, profile feedback is particular to a relationship. This makes PH feedback useful in showing one's experience and areas of expertise, and profile feedback useful in showing one's ability to sustain working relationships.
2. Where PH feedback is by invitation only, profile feedback can be initiated by the poster.

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

I still don`t see the difference very clearly. They seem rather related or connected to me.

I mean:
Client XX made a positive comment on my work, but also on myself, and stated "Walter did a wonderful job. I am looking forward to working with him again" or something of the like. Isn`t it kind of WWA? Shall I have to ask the oursourcer AGAIN to say it more clearly? Where is the division line between "this job" and the service provider as a profesional?

Couldn`t it be possible - for some time, during transition period - that this kind of statements be translated into WWA value by Proz Staff if the translator applies for it (without having to bother the client again)?

I just wonder...

Thanks again for bringing up all these ideas.

话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New at ProZ.com: Outsourcer "willingness to work again" feedback for translators

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »