ناشر الموضوع: Maria Popova
Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
لاتفيا
Local time: 15:57
أنجليزي إلى لاتيفي
+ ...
Try alternatives Mar 6, 2012

You can always use another free tool with full commenting functionality, for instance, PDF-XChange: http://download.cnet.com/PDF-XChange-Viewer/3000-10743_4-10598377.html
It's the best Adobe Acrobat alternative, to my opinion.

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
بلغاريا
عضو (2011)
ألماني إلى بلغاري
بادئ الموضوع
Thank You! Mar 6, 2012

Thank you, Evija!)

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
عضو (2006)
أنجليزي إلى بنغالي
+ ...
مترجم الموقع
Nitro Pro7 Mar 7, 2012

For a substitute of adobe acrobat, you can try Nitro Pro7 which is multi functional and very useful for proofreading of pdf file.
You can download its trial version from http://www.nitropdf.com/try

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
بلغاريا
عضو (2011)
ألماني إلى بلغاري
بادئ الموضوع
Thank you! Mar 7, 2012

Thank you, Keshab for the useful link!)

Xavier84
Xavier84  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:57
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
just checking one thing Mar 7, 2012

I don't really understand why you can't use the standard highlights/sticky notes to mark up your corrections - is it the client who doesn't want you to use that?
Sticky notes and highlights have always done the job for me - whether I was proofreading or making the corrections in the artwork.
I see what you're calling the "text edit" tool, but at the end of the day all you're doing is marking up the corrections for someone else to make in whatever program the PDF was exported from (I
... See more
I don't really understand why you can't use the standard highlights/sticky notes to mark up your corrections - is it the client who doesn't want you to use that?
Sticky notes and highlights have always done the job for me - whether I was proofreading or making the corrections in the artwork.
I see what you're calling the "text edit" tool, but at the end of the day all you're doing is marking up the corrections for someone else to make in whatever program the PDF was exported from (I doubt that's of any relevance here but this is normally indicated in the properties of any PDF).
Anyway, your client doesn't require a "clean" PDF with all corrections incorporated, do they?
Collapse

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Commenting in Adobe Reader

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »