Mihailolja
Mihailolja
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 18:07
ukrainien vers anglais
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

Evening everybody

I am just getting to grips with Wordfast ( latest version )and have the following problem:-

When I try to enter a glossary entry using ctrl. alt and down arrow my screen....................................................turns upside down!

Now I know it sounds ridiculous and it is but I'm sure there is a eally easy answer out there somewhere. I am following the manual studiously and it says on page 22

"the ctrl, alt, down arr
... See more
Evening everybody

I am just getting to grips with Wordfast ( latest version )and have the following problem:-

When I try to enter a glossary entry using ctrl. alt and down arrow my screen....................................................turns upside down!

Now I know it sounds ridiculous and it is but I'm sure there is a eally easy answer out there somewhere. I am following the manual studiously and it says on page 22

"the ctrl, alt, down arrow shortcut will insert the recognized and selected source term's corresponding target term at the position of the cursor"

???????

Regards

Mihailo
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Tchèque (République)
Local time: 19:07
Membre (2005)
anglais vers tchèque
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Change the "Graphics properties" in XP Aug 23, 2005

Hello Mihailo,

This is probably caused by the video driver of your graphics card.
Here I copy the explanation from http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat.php?Number=179553

"To stop it happening again right-click on an empty area on the desktop, click on 'properties' then on the 'settings' tab followed by the 'Advanced' button. On here there is
... See more
Hello Mihailo,

Here I copy the explanation from http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat.php?Number=179553

"To stop it happening again right-click on an empty area on the desktop, click on 'properties' then on the 'settings' tab followed by the 'Advanced' button. On here there is a tab relating to graphics, mine says 'Intel(R) Extreme Graphics' click on the tab then on the 'Graphics properties' button, choose the 'rotation' tab and remove the tick from the 'Enable Rotation' - remember to click 'apply'."

Regards

Marek
Collapse

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
Royaume-Uni
ukrainien vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thanks Marek, I'll try that later.................. Aug 24, 2005

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Hello Mihailo,

"To stop it happening again right-click on an empty area on the desktop, click on 'properties' then on the 'settings' tab followed by the 'Advanced' button. On here there is a tab relating to graphics, mine says 'Intel(R) Extreme Graphics' click on the tab then on the 'Graphics properties' button, choose the 'rotation' tab and remove the tick from the 'Enable Rotation' - remember to click 'apply'."

Regards

Marek

regards

Mihailo

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
Royaume-Uni
ukrainien vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
thanks but.................... Aug 24, 2005

Mihailolja wrote:

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Hello Mihailo,

Regards

Marek

regards

Mihailo

Hi Marek

that works ( my screen no longer turns upside down ) but I cant seem to enter glossary entries using these three keys.

( I already have another question on this forum regarding the same matter so apologies to any moderators out there )

Regards

Mihailo

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
Royaume-Uni
ukrainien vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
done it........... Aug 24, 2005

refer to

http://www.proz.com/topic/36011?pg=e

can now close !

Mihailo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using wordfast glossary - newbie problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »