Susanne Döring  Identity Verified
الأردن
Local time: 02:47
عضو (2017)
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Jan 10, 2019

Hello,
just had to replace my old computer so I downloaded the newest version of CT. I managed most things but now when I started working I missed the tab "MT Memory" which used to sit right beside the Project TM and I often found the translations there useful. Is there a possibility to find this in the new version? there I have Project TM left and Matchboard right - but it does not give me the texts or suggestions I used to see under MT Memory.

Thank you!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
هولندا
عضو (2006)
ألماني إلى هولندي
Preferences Jan 10, 2019

Susanne Döring wrote:

Hello,
just had to replace my old computer so I downloaded the newest version of CT. I managed most things but now when I started working I missed the tab "MT Memory" which used to sit right beside the Project TM and I often found the translations there useful. Is there a possibility to find this in the new version? there I have Project TM left and Matchboard right - but it does not give me the texts or suggestions I used to see under MT Memory.

Thank you!

Did you check the MyMemory checkbox on the MT Services tab under Edit > Preferences?

Susanne Döring
الأردن
عضو (2017)
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Not yet Jan 10, 2019

Thank you, now I did, but it just showes the English sentence, not a translation. I must have done something wrong.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
هولندا
عضو (2006)
ألماني إلى هولندي
Restart Jan 10, 2019

Susanne Döring wrote:

Thank you, now I did, but it just showes the English sentence, not a translation. I must have done something wrong.

Restart CafeTran Espresso 2019 and/or set the language combination manually (which shouldn't be necessary, actually).

Susanne Döring
الأردن
عضو (2017)
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Thank you! Jan 10, 2019

Thank you - now it looks like I wished for. CT is really a big help, but each new version confuses me at first. Now I can get back to work as usual.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tab for MT Memory in the new version

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »